Monday 30 April 2012

Sophie Higgins

My artwork with in the last couple of years has grown from strength to strength. I’ve worked in all mediums but have taken a shine towards working in the film side of art. Why video? Because I feel film is a way of releasing images and thoughts which roll around my head, just like a sketchbook I use film to document my thoughts and experiments and learn from works which have not worked. Since working in this medium I have come across artists such as Tony Oursler who has been a major inspiration towards the way my work has been done; as well as to how I’ve shown it to people.

Film was something I had never worked with before and once I begun to experiment with it I began to enjoy it and found it to be useful towards both myself and my work. I gained confidence in my work as well as myself to carry on, knowing my work was beginning to show off time and hard work I had put towards it.

Film has an endless possibility to show whatever you want to show, whatever you create in your mind and I wanted to point that fact out with in my work, using the eyes as a camera because we use our eyes every day to film everything in which we see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment