Monday 30 April 2012

Georgina Sansom

 I consider myself to be a mix medium artist, using the best material to evoke my concept. Recently I have become obsessed with the boundaries of documentation and art, and what  the fundamentals are in determining the physical outcome. And with this obsession I chose the most appropriate process of photography, using a Canon 1100D (Digital SLR) that has not documented my thought process but has also created my art. there is a continuous theme apparent in my work, the subject of 'home', which I have interpreted in various ways. But photography captures the reality of home instantly. I have a controlling personality when it comes to my practice, which can be reflected in my photographs; therefore I don't have to do any editing (if so, only minimal) making the image completely accurate to reality.

I have been inspired by Ansel Adams a pgotographer from the 20th Century a turning point for photography and this collection of images in particular has been heavily influenced by Bernd and Hilla Becher, with their regimented photographic style and the ways they have presented each work, both inspirations have made me consider my work more carefully. This work has indulged my controlling nature and I have successfully recognised the boundaries of documentation and art, in tis creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment