Monday 30 April 2012

Rachel Shrive

Colour perception is the basis to my work, colour consumes us in everyday life but we don’t always acknowledge its existence. My work is about provoking perception and connections with colour, mixed with the realisation that colour is ready made through charts and so on. Something that I also feel is a running theme throughout my work is documentation organisationand process this comes into play before hand in the preparation of the actual art piece and the social experiment that will be accompanying my artwork in the exhibition as a questionnaire. The actual questionnaires are separated into two individual ones, the questions on both are completely the same but the second one has suggestive names of certain colours next to the questions to see whether I can manipulate their choice. My artwork contains 200 colour swatches which totals to 1200 shades of colour. I have ordered them correctly to theirsuppliers system Dulux I feel this is important so when people choice the colours the shade they are looking for are grouped together creating an even background to choice from. My inspiration has come from the likes of Gerhard Richter, David Batchelor and Duchamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment