Monday 30 April 2012

Laura Green

Trusting the process: over the last year I have been working with the fluidity of nature in landscapes, where I allow the materials to work together and do their own thing. I place my own interpretation into the artwork; deciding where the paints and inks are placed into the pva, where I then leave the materials to take a nature course. After putting my interpretation into the pva glue I then don’t touch the final outcome until the piece is completely dry. Not being able to control the movement has been the most interesting part for me because I know roughly what is going to happen but I can’t control what is going to happen; for example the shape, size, depth and colour is different every time. The main medias that I work with are pva glue, inks, acrylic paint, wax, household and spray paint, coffee and salt granules. I have also been looking at how much of the work I control and the bits I don’t control. Some of my artwork is placed in an un-controlled space; where as the painting that I’m showing in the gallery is a more controlled piece, even through the medias aren’t controlled, the canvas on the other hand is controlling the shape of the piece. I decided to place my abstract painting on the floor so that you could walking around the piece and get different perspective of the art, it then starts to become a sculpture then a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment